HARRISON TOWN HALL & ANNEX
POLICY TO RESTRICT IN-PERSON ACCESS
In accordance with recommendations from the CDC and the Governor’s Office, the Town of Harrison (“Town”) will be practicing social distancing to limit the spread of the Coronavirus and COVID-19.
Effective immediately and until further notice, the Town will NOT accept walk-ins. A prior appointment or prior instructions are required for ALL Town-related business including, but not limited to, construction permit applications, zoning/planning board applications, parking permits, payment of taxes, vital statistics, etc. No one will be allowed to enter the Town Hall & Annex without either an appointment or permission based upon prior instructions.
To make an appointment or obtain prior instructions, call the appropriate Town Department Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm. Listed below are the Town Departments most often contacted by the public for assistance, with the associated telephone numbers. If you do not see the department that you want, or are unsure, please call the Town Clerk’s Office at 973-268-2425.
- Construction & Engineering - 973-268-2446
- Finance - 973-268-2433
- Fire - 973-483-0173; Fire Prevention Bureau - 973-483-3039
- Health - 973-268-2441
- Legal - 973-268-2442
- Library - 973-483-2366
- Municipal Court - 973-268-2453
- Planning Board - 973-268-2446
- Police - 973-483-4100; Traffic Safety Bureau: Ext. 5118; Records Bureau: Ext. 4103; Detective Bureau: Ext. 5302
- Public Works - 973-268-2296
- Recreation/Community Center - 973-268-5859
- Redevelopment - 973-268-3477
- Senior Center – 973-268-2463
- Tax Collector - 973-268-2438
- Town Clerk - 973-268-2425
- Water & Sewer - 973-268-2431
- Zoning Board - 973-268-2442
You may also consult the Town’s website at www.townofharrison.com for a listing of Town Departments, services, forms, etc.; however, ALL requests for appointments/instructions must be made via telephone.
To make an appointment for the Mayor’s Office (Mayor James A. Fife), or to discuss any Town-related matters not handled by the foregoing listed Town Departments, please call 973-268-2444.
We encourage everyone to practice proper hygiene during this time, and in the event you are not feeling well, please stay at home.
Thank you, and stay safe.